dhcpd with syslong

Surya Teja suryateja042 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 06:26:41 UTC 2019

Hi,
I am trying to integrate the syslog-ng with isc-dhcpd service on my local
machine(*Centos 7*)
In the dhcpd.conf I have updated the global section with
*dhcpd.conf*
    authoritative ;
   * log-facility local7;*
    default-lease-time 3600;

In the *syslog-ng.conf* file at last I have updated like :
    destination dhcp { file("/var/log/dhcp.log"); };
     filter f_dhcp { facility(local7); };
     log { source(s_sys); filter(f_dhcp); destination(dhcp); };

After updating the above files restarted the services and it worked. I can
see dhcp messages in
/var/log/dhcp.log file
 Now I am trying the various log-facility statements available for ISC
dhcpd, from public forums I get the list like: auth, authpriv, cron,
daemon, ftp, kern, local0 through local7, lpr, mail, mark, news, ntp,
security, syslog, user and uucp are supportable but

--->Getting the dhcpd syntax error while using the params(*ntp, mark,
security*)
 [root at test tmp]# *dhcpd -t -cf dhcpdserver.conf*
dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: unknown value
log-facility mark;
              ^
dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: expecting a parameter or declaration
log-facility mark;
                 ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting
[root@ test tmp]#

*File data:*
 [root at test tmp]#cat /tmp/ *dhcpdserver.conf*
authoritative ;
*log-facility mark  ;*
default-lease-time 3600;

Do we have any exception cases with these parameters (*ntp, mark, security*)?or
any problem with syslog-ng ?
Any help can be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Thanks
Surya