Log entries "bind update on ... rejected: BNDUPD without CHADDR"

Brooks, Jason Jason.Brooks at Allstream.com
Tue Apr 30 15:54:13 UTC 2019

Hello Bob, you are right, and that’s what else I failed to disclose: I do have Primary and Secondary defined, and mclt and split.  I also am removing all lines in the imported leases file with “cltt” and “atsfp”…

Thanks for reminding me!

--jason

From: dhcp-users <dhcp-users-bounces at lists.isc.org> On Behalf Of Bob Harold
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 06:16
To: Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
Subject: Re: Log entries "bind update on ... rejected: BNDUPD without CHADDR"

I do NOT want to update dns: dns is not relevant here.

As I understand it, the primary and secondary need more differences:
- addresses swapped, as you say
- ports swapped
- 'primary' changed to 'secondary'
- 'mclt' and 'split' are only allowed on the primary

Here are a pair of mine (generated by BlueCat), for example: