Option 43 and missing options

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Sep 11 07:57:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-09-07 at 13:45 -0500, Ryan Gray wrote:
> I'm running DHCP Server 4.3.3. I have implemented option 43 to hand
> out the URI of a tr069 server in the network.
>
> It works. However, when I am successfully giving a lease with option
> 43 added, I am not getting options 3, 6, and 28. The lines I'm adding
> to my subnet statement are:
>
> shared-network Internet {
>     subnet xx.xxx.xxx.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>         append dhcp-parameter-request-list 43;
[...]

Are your sure "append" works like this on the server? I only know that
option from the client configuration. I cannot see it mentioned in the
man pages for dhcpd 4.3.6b1.

We use syntax like this:

   option dhcp-parameter-request-list = concat(option dhcp-parameter-request-list, 43);

You shouldn't have to modify the "dhcp-parameter-request-list" though.
The client should request it normally by itself. But there are of
course clients that misbehave.

--
Peter