DDNS : Multiple domains

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Fri Oct 26 15:29:24 UTC 2018

Answer: ddns-domainname sets the DDNS domain, regardless of option 15 (option domain-name). It defaults to the same value as option 15, but you have it set explicitly at the global level. Therefore:

Solution 1: Change "ddns-domainname" at the global level to "option domain-name", thus telling the clients what domain they're in and allowing ddns-domainname to use its default behavior of matching this value
Solution 2: In yoru host declaration, add 'ddns-domainname "newdomain.net";'

Regards,
Chris Buxton