Option (old Style) <option pxelinux> under 4.3* Version?

Andreas Traub A.Traub at Globus.net
Fri Mar 23 13:07:08 UTC 2018

Hi @ all,

with older ISC DHCPD Version we could give the DHCPD some Credentials with:
option pxelinux./ServerNameShort/ "TheServer";
option pxelinux./ServerNameLong/ "FQDN";
option pxelinux./ServiceUser/ "UserName";
option pxelinux./ServicePassword/ "Password";

With newer Versions of the DHCP Server the Syntax has changed it think.
We want to run ISC DHCPD with the actual Debian GNU/Linux - Stable, Version
4.3.5 is in the Repository.

Can someone help me with the Syntax of the actual DHCPD?

I know the Option IDs of the PXE Server, but don't know how to configure it
in the Config File of the DHCPD.
Option 129 => ServerNameShort
Option 131 => Password
Option 133 => ServerNameLong