ddns-fwd-name using the wrong name

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 20:31:55 UTC 2018

Rob Moser <Rob.Moser at nau.edu> wrote:

> But that just kicks the can down the road a ways; where did that entry in my leases file come from, if there are no equivalent entries in my dhcpd.conf files?

Does one have a client-id and the other not have one ? If so, then they would be considered different clients (did they get different addresses) and the old lease could stay around for a long time. But then the DHCP server should not be applying that lease to the host in question.

But then, that lease entry doesn't look like anything I've seen, so rather a case of "I dunno" - sorry.