dhclient process lifetime

Pavel Zhukov pzhukov at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 15:23:26 UTC 2018

Lukas Erlacher <erlacher at in.tum.de> writes:
Hello,

You have see something like
# dhclient -v -4 -pf /run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases client1
dhclient(30189) is already running - exiting.

the pid (30189) is stored in  /run/dhclient.eth0.pid and it prevent
second copy of dhclient to be started as it was been
specified in your command line. Can you check/share content of this
file?