Static only hosts, no dynamic/reserved leases.

george Nopicture mad-proffessor at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:25:00 UTC 2018

Hello, i have tried every possible combination to achieve an effect of
static only configuration where no range is defined in a subnet/pool
nor any options are sent to the clients. Only hosts stanzas are defined
in dhcpd.conf under a subnet declaration, however if i set my client
from my linux machine to boot via dhcp i get an ip from the server and
see all the dhcp talking(DISCOVER,REQUEST etc) taking place in journal
logs.
What i want to achieve is that dhcpd denies talking dhcp protocol at
all to any client booting with automatic configuration.
Any hints, gotchas would be greatly appreciated.