Are global directives needed in additional dhcpd conf files?

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:25:25 UTC 2018

Hi guys!

We are about to start using multiple config files for our dhcp markets.

I've created a folder called "include.d". The path is:

/etc/dhcp/include.d/

In my main dhcpd conf I've added the "include" directive:

include "/etc/dhcp/include.d/another-config.conf";

Inside the "anotherconfig" file I have started off the file with the
"subnet" directive.

subnet 192.168.100.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

etc..,etc..

I have no global config. Things such as:

authoritative;
ddns-update-style none;
option domain-name-servers x.x.x.x x.x.x.x;
default-lease-time 604800;

Do I need to define these in my "anotherconfig" conf file? Or will it
inherit the global directives by design?

TIA!