Request on offered address gives "unknown lease"

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Oct 24 11:57:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 13:10 +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> We're testing some new software on a client device (a switch) and can
> see that it doesn't get an IP address lease correctly. Considering
> the error appeared when we started testing the new software we're
> convinced it's the client's fault.

Bonus info: When we move the switch to a network served by a Windows
DHCP server (not sure exactly what version, but probably Windows Server
2012) the switch accepts a lease.

The switch doesn't log anything, it seems to just see an unanswered
request.

And to the perceptive: Yes, I copy+pasted some wrong packets, one of
them is from a different relay than the other. The contents are the
same though. (There are two Cisco L3 switch relays and two servers.)

- -
Peter