Script to run on DHCPNAK

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 16:20:52 UTC 2017

Bob Harold <rharolde at umich.edu> wrote:

> - log to syslog, and see if syslog can trigger on a string, or if it can write logs without long buffering.

The default for many syslog setups is to buffer logging - especially with DHCP it makes a big difference to disk load and generally the advice is set syslog to buffered (async) mode for the logs with DHCP traffic in them.
I wonder if this could be the "long delays" that Mark is seeing with his Bash script ?

But this does seem like a broken client. It looks like it's not processing all options when it is forced to change IP address.