Issues in using User Class Option

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Thu Dec 14 13:53:25 UTC 2017

Hello:

There was an issue introduced in ISC DHCP 4.3.5 which broke the server's
ability to send dhcp6.vendor-opts.  This
has been corrected in our upcoming feature release, 4.4.0, due out Q1/2018:

- The ability of the server to send back dhcp6.vendor-opts values has been
   restored. A change in 4.3.5 (see #29246) which enabled it to send
back the
   FQDN option unfortunately broke its ability to send back
dhcp6.vendor-opts.
   Thanks to Sumant Gupta (sumantgupta at gmail dot com) of Landis+Gry for
   bringing this issue to our attention.
   [ISC-Bugs #46427]

It will be included in our next maintenance release, 4.3.7, but it's
date is TBD>

I have attached a patch which corrects the issue for 4.3.6.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Enigneering