Problems using class match by user-option

Sven Schumacher schumacher at tfd.uni-hannover.de
Thu Dec 7 12:58:45 UTC 2017

Am 07.12.2017 um 13:48 schrieb Bill Shirley:
> Class/subclass would better fit your needs:
Yes of course... but I didn't want to specify the mac-address twice.
More comfortable would be to add a option to  the already existing
groups of hosts:

group { # guests
    option tfd-scope-identifier "gaeste";
    host test1 {
       hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
    }
    host test2 {
       hardware ethernet bb:cc:dd:ee:ff:aa;
    }
}

> #      -------------
> class "gaeste" {
>   match hardware;
>   option routers 10.69.0.251;    # can set the routers here or in
> "gaste" pool
> }
> # MAC address is preceded by '1:' indicating ethernet
> subclass "gaeste"    1:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;    # test1
> #      -------------
>
> #      -------------
> class "subnet2" {
>   match hardware;
> }
> subclass "subnet2"    1:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff:aa;    # test2
> subclass "subnet2"    1:cc:dd:ee:ff:aa:bb    { # test3 - can have
> additional settings
this way I would have to add the MAC-address twice (one time for the
subclass and one time for the host)

> #host test1 {
> # hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
> # option tfd-scope-identifier "gaeste";
> #}
> #host test2 {
> # hardware ethernet bb:cc:dd:ee:ff:aa;
> #}
>
> Host declarations are global and should not be inside any
> other structure except 'group'.  Pools should be inside subnet
> declarations.
The pool-declarations are in a shared-network, but even changing this,
so that the pool-declaration are in the corresponding
subnet-declarations, doesn't help.

> There are other ways to do class matches:
> class "10.mobile_device" {
>     match if (
>         option host-name ~~ "dhcpcd"
>         or option host-name ~~ "android"
>         or option vendor-class-identifier ~~ "android"
>         or option host-name ~~ "samsung-sm"
>         or option host-name ~~ "iphone"
>         or option host-name ~~ "ipod"
>         or option host-name ~~ "ipad"
>         or option host-name ~~ "watch"
>     );
It seems to me, that class matches doesn't work with config-options,
only with options :(
I tried once to use "option host-name " instead of my "config-option
tfd-scope-identifier" and then the class was assigned.

Thanks so far

Sven

--
Sven Schumacher - Systemadministrator Tel: (0511)762-2753
Leibniz Universitaet Hannover