DHCP Server and Client on same interface

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Tue Aug 22 17:17:41 UTC 2017

23.08.2017 0:10, Sumant Gupta пишет:
> Actually the client is some  embedded linux board and has only serial interface link and no Ethernet interface so I need to give dhcpv6 address to that client.
>
> On my host machine it is linux Ubuntu 14.05 and o am using ISC DHCP server on Ubuntu machine

Then why do you use DHCP protocol in first place?
Serial interface is not Ethernet and have no MAC address.
You should better use some standard PPP software and assign IP to the board via PPP.

PPP will give you more less overhead and more speed then Ethernet over serial emulation.
It also supports transparent compression of IP packets that would be benefit for low-speed serial interface.