DHCP Server and Client on same interface

Sumant Gupta sumantgupta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:19:24 UTC 2017

Actually i am writing an application that reads the data from client which
is connected serially to linux machine where dhcp server is running,so i
read the dhcp solicit from the serial interface and write to the TAP0
interface where dhcp server is running.
Now to write the data to TAP0 interface my application needs to populate
the source MAC ,destination MAC i .Destination MAC I can populate but how
to fill the Source MAC?.

Purpose is to provide Dhcp address to the serially connected Client?
Am i thinking the right way..

Hoping that you got my view