failover partner state time in dhcpd.leases

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Sep 13 09:40:30 UTC 2016

> Hi, I'm using isc-dhcp-V3.0.5-RedHat.
> I apply auto-partner down patch for 5 secs.
>
> I don't understand why in failover mode, I get same time as it started
> in dhcpd.leases as partner state.

You're using a *very* old version of ISC DHCP, which hasn't been
supported for many years. There are *lots* of bug fixes for the
failover functionality in newer releases.

I strongly recommend simply upgrading to a newer release. Please
note that 3.0.5 is *not* interoperable with newer versions (so you
cannot run a 3.0.5 server as part of a failover pair where the
other server is 3.1.x or newer).

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no