All the IP address from the DHCP leases

Ryan Gray ryantgray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:06:49 UTC 2016

Hi Shankha,

I recently took a swing at doing the same using the dhcpdtl APIs. I found
the API to be extremely cumbersome (maybe just me). I ended up back at
parsing the dhcpd.leases file (ugh). I ended up writing a PHP class that
takes in the leases file and parses it, outputting a associative array with
everything I needed from it.  It depends on Carbon for dealing with
timestamps. It's fairly basic, but you're welcome to take a look at it.
http://pastebin.com/GD2i4i6s

You can disregard the GuzzleHttp usage in there. A previous iteration of
this "solution" (I used that lightly) was to use the old dhcpd-pools script
on the dhcp server and offer up it's output (json) to my web application.
So guzzle was just running over to get that output from the dhcp server.
It isn't necessarily needed in this class.

Good luck.

-goat