chicken egg problem

Thu Jun 2 10:04:40 UTC 2016

Hello list,

According to "man dhcpd.conf" i can use *hostnames* as DNS:

option domain-name-servers ns1.example.com, ns2.example.com;

That's very nice, but can someone explain how the ns1.example.com and
ns2.example.com can be resolved by a new client?

What I initially was looking for is a way to randomly assign multiple
DNS servers to clients. With a simple:

option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2;

the 10.0.0.1 gets all the queries from all clients. Of course I can
assign the nameservers the other way round for some ranges:

option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.1;

But I was wondering if it would be feasible to configure such a random
assignment of domain name servers. Of course it is not a show stopper
if it is not feasible, one DNS can handle all queries smoothly.

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/