Problems with a Failover Pair

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:10:05 UTC 2015

> On both Server we use a Cronjob to renew the DHCPD Configuration.
> Normally there are only changes for the static configuration (for
> example: new mac-adress).
>
> Now we had the problem after we execute the script and reboot the dhcpd
> server that the server go to the "recover" state. And he doesn´t came
> back online (normal state).

What does said script do exactly? (provide the commands if you can).

It sounds like your script is putting the systems into PARTNER-DOWN
mode. Just do a plain restart of the DHCP service, don't tell it that
something is shutting down. When you do a restart the other peer will
go into COMMUNICATIONS-INTERRUPTED then once they see each other again
will work themselves back into NORMAL state.

Steve