dhcp 4.3.2 with ldap backend

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri May 8 09:27:48 UTC 2015

Kristof Van Doorsselaere wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Our current dhcp server is a centos 5.5, the new server I’m setting up is a centos 7
>
> On this centos 7:
>
> - dhcp 4.2.8 with ldap backend = OK
> - dhcp 4.3.2 with ldap backend = NOK

IIRC libldap was linked against OpenSSL in CentOS/RHEL 5. In more recent
versions it's linked against libnss because of Red Hat's
PKCS#11-everywhere-plans. This is a significant change regarding TLS
configuration.

=> first try to get your ldaps://ldaptest.example.com working with ldapsearch
command-line tool

Also note that libldap reads a system-wide LDAP client configuration file
which might falsely set additional TLS related parameters. See ldap.conf(5)
for details, especially env var LDAPNOINIT and sections TLS OPTIONS and FILES.

Ciao, Michael.