dhcpd - 4.1-ESV-R3

Simon Hobson simon at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 16:10:33 UTC 2015

Please don't top post.

Please don't reply to digest messages, or at least if you must then at least set the subject back to what it was.
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific > than "Re: Contents of dhcp-users digest..." >

And FFS trim un-neccessary material !

Rajeev Bansal <rajeev.bansal at innobox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response, well I don't think short lease is a problem in this case. I tried to increase the lease and I found the Windows PC which have problem remain in problem, so definitely it is something else which is causing this. I am observing the problem explained in below link, however the solution doesn't work for me.
>
> https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/2a18bb78-211a-42e4-809a-8be4133149e6/dhcp-renewal-does-not-work-on-windows-7?forum=winserverNAP

Time to get the packet sniffer out - I tend to use Wireshark (or it's command line version, tshark) but there are others. Compare the message exchanges between working and non-working machines - paying attention to subtle differences.