micellaneous questions

Leandro ingrogger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:44:15 UTC 2015

Hello guys .... following some questions ...

1) Even when  DHCPDARGS="eth0" is on dhcpd.conf , Im still seeing dhcpd
listening on all interfaces:
[root at centos86_64 dhcp]# netstat -ulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign
Address             State       PID/Program name
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:67 0.0.0.0:*
1207/dhcpd

In fact dhcpd answer for requests coming from other intefaces.

2)How do I achieve make dhcpd listen on specific interface ?

3) Is it mandatory to create an empty subnet declaration even for
interface that has nothing to do with dhcp service? management interface
for instance.

4)Using Wireshark can not find the gi-addr parameter.
Is it possible that wireshark shows it as "Relay agent IP addrees" under
bootp flags ?

5)Sniffing  DORA sequence between my dhcpd server and relay agent I
founded strange behavior (for me).
discover is sent from relay wan ip to server ip
offer is sent from server ip to relay agent lan ip
request is sent from relay wan ip to server ip
ack is sent from server to relay agent lan ip.

Is this normal ?
I was expecting only communication between relay agent wan ip and server ip.
Now , for this to work I had to add both routes on my server (wan and
lan prefixes).

Regards,
Leandro.