DHCP failover - lease time it's always MCLT

Gero Palacio gero.palacio at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:16:33 UTC 2015

Hi There,

I'm running a pair of DHCP servers in failover mode and the server that
responds the DHCPREQUEST message *always* replies back with a lease time of
MCLT. As I understand the protocol (DHCP Failover Protocol Draft IEFT
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12%20and>) this should
not be the case as both servers are in *normal* state. I've checked that in
the dhcpd.leases file and using OMSHELL.

MTCL is currently set to 5 seconds to troubleshoot the problem. Any idea
what could be wrong? Is there any condition I'm missing where the lease
time is set exclusively to MTCL?

Thanks,
Gero.