How to - DHCP Relay and Server on same machine (FreeBSD)

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 20:52:28 UTC 2015

test24 <test24 at mail.ru> wrote:

> May be it is incorrect question, but who write/rewrite/ make patches to ISC DHCP Relay code?

That's the beauty of FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) - anyone can. ISC will if you pay them, otherwise it's a case of find anyone with the right coding skills, download the code, and away you go.
AIUI, much of the current codebase was written under contract from a commercial sponsor.

But as I said, it might be worth downloading the source and having a look. If you find a constant in there that's used for the destination port when sending to the server, then you might only need to change that constant and compile. Adding an extra option will be somewhat more work.