dhcpd doesn't acknowledge dhcp requests

Sean McMurray sean at mvtel.com
Thu Jun 11 19:24:36 UTC 2015

On 06/11/2015 11:39 AM, dave c wrote:
> I don't recall seeing a line like this in your posted configurations:
>
> interfaces "em2.112"
The man page does not document any "interfaces" directive. Rather, it
says to include the names of interfaces on the command line.
> Dhcpd needs to be able to tell the difference between default vlan and
> an 802.1q tagged vlan that is residing on a virtual interface. The
> only way to do that is to tell it to listen to the alternative interface.
Including em2.112 on the command line does not help. dhcpd still does
not respond to dhcp requests on vlan 112.
How is including this command line supposed to tell dhcpd that the
interface is tagged and to do anything different than when it
auto-discovers the interface based on subnet declarations?
> I believe it will also wish to know the definition of the default vlan
> and have it described as a network in the configs. It's been years
> since I've setup vlan tagged dhcp, but do recall I needed to enable
> the vlans in the configs before it would answer on them.
There is not default vlan. They are all tagged.
I'm not sure what you mean by "enable the vlans in the configs."