randomly(!) assign ip's from dynamic address range

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Mon Jun 8 14:58:36 UTC 2015

A Windows 8 client appears to keep the last IP in the registry in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{...<Network
Adapter>...}\DhcpIPAddress

Although many years ago I remember having clients that remembered the last
5 or 10 IP's (in different subnets).

--
Bob Harold
hostmaster, UMnet, ITcom