failover and loadbalance for relayed requests

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 15:18:55 UTC 2015

Leandro <ingrogger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask for some documentation to read

start with "man dhcpd.conf"

> and also ask for the dhcp isc failover capabilities and recommendations.

You can have 2 (and no more than 2) servers in a failover pair per pool. You essentially clone the config file from the primary to the secondary - and add the relevant failover peer declarations.

> I imagine to setup two servers for instance with lease database sync and two ips configured on the relays ... is that possible ?

Yes, that's how it works

> how does iscp manage the leases db sync?

It's internal. When one server issues a lease, it notifies the other which updates it's local lease file.