Regarding working configuration on DHCP option 82 in linux dhcp server

David Ganor david at oliver-solutions.com
Wed Jul 8 08:03:07 UTC 2015

Hi Radhanath,

AFAIK, DHCPv4 option82 is added ONLY by the relay, towards the Server,
and is automatically replied back by the server.
What exactly do wish to configure in the server?

Follows an example of logging received option82.circuit-id (sub option
#1) and option82.remote-id (sub option #2):
if exists agent.circuit-id {
   log(info, "New client with Opt82!");
   log(info, concat("Opt82.circuit-id=", option agent.circuit-id));
   if exists agent.remote-id {
     log(info, concat("Opt82.remote-id=", option agent.remote-id));
   }
}

And here is another example, for defining a class by matching
option82.circuit-id:
class "special4Radhanath" {
   match if (substring(option agent.circuit-id,0,15)="RadhanathMishra");
   log(info, "New special4Radhanath");
}

HTH,

Best regards,