failover / questions

Leandro ingrogger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:01:09 UTC 2015

Hi dhcp users:
Im very happy with my failover configuration. It is working great.
I would like to ask some questions about proper pair function:

dhcpd.conf:
After writing dhcpd.conf file I had to comment following lines,
otherwise server refused to start.
#        max‐response‐delay 60;
#        max‐unacked‐updates 10;
#        load balance max seconds 3;
mine is isc-dhcpd-4.1.1-P1.
Does server used default values for those parameters?

Puting the server down:
Is there any difference on doing:
service dhcpd stop or using omshell? (On both cases all used sockets
were released).

Releasing all leases:
Witch is the proper way to release all leases?
Currently Im doing:
rm -rf /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases~ ; echo "" > /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases
But What I can see Is that secondary don't automatically clear the
leases file.
Is there a cleaner way to do it? using omshell ?
Is there some way to force leases synchronization ?
After 10 mins restarting primary I still seeing that leases db are not
equal; what should I do ?

Server state.
How can I know wich server is currently serving leases?
How many states exists for master and server? how can I check current state?
Only through logs?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Leandro.