Spontaneously shortened leases

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Fri Jan 9 21:46:31 UTC 2015

This is partly a guess, but if the "balancing" messages were gone, perhaps
the servers lost contact with each other, and started handing out "mclt"
lease times.  Check what "mclt" is set to - I think an hour is typical.

https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00502/0/A-Basic-Guide-to-Configuring-DHCP-Failover.html

--
Bob Harold
hostmaster, UMnet, ITcom