SRV records etc

Cuttler, Brian (HEALTH) brian.cuttler at health.ny.gov
Thu Feb 12 18:04:54 UTC 2015

Misspoke, and not critical to the original thread, but for completeness.

Taking a second look dynamic DNS does not use HINFO records for the machine fingerprint, it uses TXT records.

I can't find anything that says it (HINFO) has been officially deprecated, nor do I find anything that says it's really used by anyone anymore.