Retaining information between DHCP requests

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Fri Oct 10 01:32:17 UTC 2014

Bill Shirley wrote:

> According to the above request list, it should be asking for a
> host-name from the server. You didn't see one in the tcpdump?

Yes, the host name is in the OFFER and ACK messages.

> Also, is there a send section in dhclient.conf?

No. I posted the entire content of the file.

Right now, the easiest solution might be for me to add,
   supersede domain-name-servers <goodaddress>;
to dhclient.conf. I've done that but am having some trouble rebuilding
the initrd properly. I may get a chance to see if that works tomorrow.
--
Dave Close