Retaining information between DHCP requests

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Thu Oct 9 22:29:21 UTC 2014

Sten Carlsen wrote:

> Could you put a client-identifier into the final image? Or some other
> identifier that can be matched?

Perhaps. I'll have to investigate. PXE loads only two files, a kernel
and a compressed initial ram disk (initrd). Presently, I'm using the
vanilla versions of each for Fedora 20. Perhaps there's something in the
initrd that I can adjust.

> The purpose would be to match the final image to a class, leaving all
> the kickstart stuff alone.

Do you have any suggestion of what I might change?
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.close at us.thalesgroup.com

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
of what then is an empty desk?" --Albert Einstein