Format of array of ip-addresses

Verne Arase VARASE at lumc.edu
Mon Nov 17 21:02:08 UTC 2014

On Nov 17, 2014, at 1:19 PM, Niall O'Reilly <niall.oreilly at ucd.ie> wrote:

>  I would expect 'array of ip-address' without the final 'es';
>  Placing a 'subclass' specification within a 'subnet' block is likely
>  to lead to trouble.  Did you really mean, "within subnets"?

Actually, I was hoping that the subclass’s definition would live within the scope of the subnet block.

This is in keeping with our telecommunications guys who want to distribute APs between several pairs of controlling servers.

Perhaps it’s the syntax of dhcpd.conf which warped my thinking … certainly things like the global scope of hosts and subnets have tripped me up in the past.

Do you know if option LWAPP.controller 1.2.3.4, 5.6.7.8 generates:

   option 43 hex f108.0102.0304.0506.0708

or

   option 43 hex f102.0102.0304.0506.0708

― Verne