Lease File of RAM Disk

Waqas Asghar waqas.asghar at aol.com
Thu May 15 05:50:45 UTC 2014

Hi

I am running Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.1-P1 on a solaris platform in active/backup config.

The ram usage on my primary server is increasing and during the time of log rotation free RAM comes down to 400MB's.To fix that I plan on rebooting my primary server.

The lease file on my servers are placed on a RAM DISK,now when I will be rebooting the server the RAM disk will be lost & I would have to recreate it.

What should I do for the lease file in this case should I take a backup of the lease file and place it on the new ramdisk and start the server or should I start the server with an empty lease file.

Regards,
Waqas Asghar
+923335495619