Issues with isc-dhcp-client6

Musab Isah nmusabu at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 12:08:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am setting up a testbed to run MIPv6 and trying to configure my home
and foreign networks in such a way that mobile nodes receives their
address configuration using dhcp6. I am able to achieve this to some
extent but having some issues which I cannot explain.

When the mobile node first boots in home network, it gets the IPv6
address 2001:470:.... while in foreign network it gets 2a01:348:.... But
when I get back to home network and go back to foreign network, the IP
with 2001 is still maintained although the network manager shows that I
am connected to the foreign link. If I issue 'dhclient -6 wlan0' command
the client send a confirm message for the home address to the foreign
link and the reply from my dhcp server confirms the address. If I ping
any ipv6 websites I can see the packets on the foreign access router
using the home address as source/destination.

Note that I did not yet start UMIP MIPv6 program implementation, which I
intend to use, although I have recompile the kernel to enable MIPv6.

Hopefully somebody can guide me through this.

Regards,

Musab