How to avoid serving IPs at host section with fixed-address to other clients

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 18:42:08 UTC 2014

Folke Ashberg <fashberg at etkn.de> wrote:

> So my intension is to change the dynamically assigned addresses into a fixed ones.
>
> But the big problem is that isc-dhcp still serves that fixed-addresses to other clients, because the address is still inside the range.

Correct

> Is there any mechanism to tell ISC not to serve addresses seen in host { fixed-address } ?
>
> The range cannot be touched with omapi, also a lease cannot be created or change to state=8 (reservation).

Your options are to remove it from the range, or mark it reserved - nothing else.

> Any way to achieve this without regeneration dhcpd.conf and reload (ugliest way in my eyes).

Mark the lease as reserved - that doesn't need you to change the config file. I gather it can be set with OMAPI but I've not tried it - I thought it required editing the leases file, but I vaguely recall being told that OMAPI can do it now.