Primary server stuck in "recovering" on restarts

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:41:38 UTC 2014

On 30 July 2014 17:13, Patrick Trapp <ptrapp at nex-tech.com> wrote:
> We have a lot of minor tweaks to host entries and group entries in our
> configuration - maybe up to a dozen a day - so we have scripted out some of
> the steps for synchronizing our configurations between the servers. The last
> script stops the primary server, restarts it, stops the secondary server,
> and restarts it. This has worked great for years and was working on 4.2.2
> (the most recent version prior to this patch/upgrade).

Can you post exactly what your script is doing? commands etc. and some
examples of what the configuration changes are?

Usually all you need to do is restart the dhcpd process (don't mess
with OMAPI), staggered is usually best, they will briefly go into
communications interrupted but should then come back active.

Steve