using of DHCP Failover Protocol

Meike Stone meike.stone at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:08:49 UTC 2014

Hello,

Infoblox told in 2007, that they have made significant improvements to
ISC dhcpd regarding DHCPFO protocol (draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12).

You can read this here:
http://www.lex.com.gr/downloads2/InfoBlox/SolutionNote_DHCP%20failover%20and%20Infoblox.pdf

* My first question is, did ISC fix this issues as well?

I'm a little scared about using dhcpfo in production environemnt
because of the big number of
states and handling of them in case of error....
It seems that the setup is quit simple, but the handling is really complex.

* So, my second question is, has someone experiences with ISC dhcpfo,
are there anywhere
good documentation for handling?
* And can anyone recommend or has anyone bad experiences with this
implementation?

Thanks a lot
Meike