Management Tools?

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jul 17 14:29:53 UTC 2014

Hi Ken

dhcpstatus is pretty old, but answers your criteria for items 1 and 4.
Works as a command line script and a cgi on a local web server by reading
the dhcpd.leases file.

http://dhcpstatus.sourceforge.net/

I made some simple changes to handle dhcpd version 4.x which adds an extra
item in dhcpd.leases. It's the same group of 5 lines added to two files.

diff -r -c ./dhcpstatus.pm
/usr/local/pkgs/dhcpstatus_0.60/dhcpstatus/dhcpstatus.pm
*** ./dhcpstatus.pm     Fri Aug 31 20:33:34 2001
--- /usr/local/pkgs/dhcpstatus_0.60/dhcpstatus/dhcpstatus.pm    Fri Jul 16
00:10:50 2010
***************
*** 45,50 ****
--- 45,55 ----
     my %lease_ips;
  LEASE:
     while (@_) {
+       # new in dhcp 4.x
+       if ($_[0] eq "server-duid") {
+        while (shift !~ /;$/) {}
+        next LEASE;
+       }
        if ($_[0] ne "lease") {         # ignore anything that isn't a lease.
           while (shift ne "}") {}
           next LEASE;
diff -r -c ./dhcpstatus_subnet.pm
/usr/local/pkgs/dhcpstatus_0.60/dhcpstatus/dhcpstatus_subnet.pm
*** ./dhcpstatus_subnet.pm      Sun Aug 12 15:00:50 2001
--- /usr/local/pkgs/dhcpstatus_0.60/dhcpstatus/dhcpstatus_subnet.pm
Fri Jul 16 00:12:51 2010
***************
*** 166,171 ****
--- 166,176 ----
     my %lease;
  LEASE:
     while (@_) {
+       # new in dhcp 4.x
+       if ($_[0] eq "server-duid") {
+        while (shift !~ /;$/) {}
+        next LEASE;
+       }
        if ($_[0] ne "lease") {         # ignore anything that isn't a lease.
           while (shift ne "}") {}
           next LEASE;

I make no claims that this is the most elegant perl code, but it does the
job :)

Creating static assignments is handled easily in the dhcpd.conf file.
Freeing dab addresses is not something that happens very much at all with
dhcpd, but I guess that might depend on the clients to some extent.

regards,
-glenn