option 82 feature of DHCP

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 11:12:24 UTC 2014

Hardik.V.Shah at ril.com wrote:

> Please find the attached snap of serial no of the client box which I see through wireshark.

Can you run Wireshark in text mode, and copy/paste the TEXT ?

> Highlighted is the serial no "SGH322WF01" [below part of the image and on right hand side ]

Sorry, but I don't have time to manually decode the packet. Wireshark will have shown in the upper pane but it will need scrolling to show the information.
If you run Wireshark in text mode (tshark on Debian systems) with the -V option, it will dump the whole packet in text form and you can copy/paste it into an email. You don't need the packet headers, just the entire contents of the DHCP payload.