DHCPv6 options to lease

Markus Varjola markus at varjola.net
Thu Jan 30 07:35:57 UTC 2014

Hello.
If anyone has managed to write something additional to the dhcpd6.lease file could you postan example of how you did it?
We have been having some major problems achieving this. We are using the latest 4.3.0rc1and have managed to log some of the important options with v6relay command, but gettingsomething into the lease file other than the normal output has been a failure.
Other viable solution would be to build a lease like file by outputting some of the logging informationto a different file, but achieving that has also eluded us.
The unfortunate part is that we can not take IPv6 into production until the right conditions are metand logging certain options is a necessity.
So anyone? Any real working examples of gathering dhcp6.options to the lease file or some otherpermanent record?
Thanks in advance.
-Markus Varjola