Good old "peer holds all free leases" appearing in a (formerly) very stable setup

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Feb 20 00:33:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, February 20, 2014 12:22 am, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Le 19/02/2014 02:58, Glenn Satchell a écrit :
>>>
>>> I moved this to the top, since it's IMHO the most important thing. This
>>> is an _ancient_ release. Upgrading could solve many strange problems.
>>
>> Agree that it's ancient, but unfortunately this is the version that
>> shipped with every release of RHEL and CentOS 5.x
>>
>> It was addressed in dhcpd v4 with the 4.1 extended support version that
>> picks up all the bug fixes in later dhcpd v4 releases.
>>
>> regards,
>> -glenn
>>

> Thanks to all who replied. We are aware of our archeologic datacenter
> and on the way to upgrade it soon.
> I'll test the embedding of the pool in the subnet declaration to see
> whether it improves the situation (and let you know).
>
> have a nice day.
>
> --
> Nicolas Ecarnot

Pool statements are ok in the shared subnet, they will work fine as they
are. Thinking back to an ancient 3.0.something.RC there was a bug and the
workaround was to move pools out of the subnet into the shared subnet.
Long since fixed, but 5 years ago it was probably something recent enough
to be relevant.

Are you able to post the class definition statements? Seems to me that
some clients are not matching either of your classes and there is no
default pool so in this case "no free leases" means "I couldn't find a
matching pool".

regards,
-glenn