How to restrict Windows XP DHCP clients to a specific subnet?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Feb 14 13:33:29 UTC 2014

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au wrote:
> known hosts is a list that matches all hosts defined in host statements,
> doesn't matter if they have a fixed-address or not.
>
> These hosts can also be a member of a class if they pass the match
> requirement defined in the class.
>
> known or unknown hosts are completely independent of class membership.

Yes, that's exactly the point: We have two types of client definitions:
1) hosts and 2) classes.  The big question is: How do allow/deny
statements work when used simultaneously with clients of types 1) and/or
2)?

Chris has clarified
(https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2014-February/017625.html)
the case of 2) only.

Thanks,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark