DHCP Relay over transit-network

Muenz, Michael m.muenz at spam-fetish.org
Tue Dec 30 12:17:12 UTC 2014

Am 30.12.2014 um 13:08 schrieb Simon Hobson:
> "Muenz, Michael" <m.muenz at spam-fetish.org> wrote:
>
>> 10.5.5.1 is the source address of the dhcp packet (FW1), as it is the nearest interface to the dhcp server.
> And what does it put in the GI-Addr field ? That should automatically be from the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet and is what the server should be using to select an IP etc to offer the client.

Is there a way to see the value with tcpdump? I only control the
firewalls and did a "tcpdump -X -s 0", I'll investige more time on this
with wireshark.

>> ... but also no reply from the dhcp.
> What, if anything, does the server log ?

See above, client and server (both Windows) is not under my control.
I'll let my client install wireshark on the server and check firewall
settings.

Best regards
Michael