Subnet assigment using subClass

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Mon Dec 1 19:26:04 UTC 2014

On Nov 26, 2014, at 3:27 AM, Glenn Satchell <glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au> wrote:
> As mentioned earlier, being defined in a host statement makes a client
> known. Being a member of a class does not make a client known.
>
> from dhcpd.conf man page:
>
> "An unknown client is simply a client that has no host declaration."

But that's not exactly true - the man page is not perfect. There is a way to create a known host using omshell. I don't have the exact details (it's done by my company's product), but it's important to know that while every client with a host declaration is "known", not every "known" client necessarily has a host declaration.

Chris Buxton