LDAP structure to share config for more than one site

Márcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Mon Dec 1 13:39:17 UTC 2014

On 28-11-2014 18:45, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
> At Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:55:12 -0200,
> Márcio Merlone wrote:
>> I manage a network with 3 remote branches connected to the main office
>> by IPsec VPN. I am looking for DHCP+OpenLDAP as a solution to ease
>> management
>    If you already had a directory in production, and wanted to base your
>    DHCP service on it, I could make sense of this idea.
True, already have my users, groups and some other stuff on replicated
LDAP for many years now.

>    I feel you may save yourself much lost time by asking yourself just
>    what actual problem you can solve more easily using DHCP+LDAP than
>    using just DHCP.
The problem: lack of consistence among my dhcp servers and
administration overhead when we need to setup a new known-host on all
dhcp servers. This will also be tied to one or more IPAM solutions.

Regards,

--
*Marcio Merlone*