if possible to make dhcp as active/backup method

Patrick Trapp ptrapp at nex-tech.com
Sat Aug 30 23:23:50 UTC 2014

Julie,

I do not have an answer, but what version of ISC DHCP are you running? We have not seen any issues with having one server down if necessary.

Patrick

On Aug 30, 2014, at 6:10 PM, "Julie Xu" <xll40 at hotmail.com<mailto:xll40 at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi

Properly it is silly question, but, could any one advice me if there is possible to make isc dhcpd as active backup architecture.

currently my dhcp servers are failover, but, for some reason, the both server has to be online, any of them off line cause IP address renew delay, even equipment offline for a while.

if not, if possible to make failover, as one take 80% and another one take 20 % only.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie

Sent from Windows Mail