failover peer between 4.1 and 4.2.4

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Tue Sep 17 03:12:05 UTC 2013

My apologies for bumping this, but I'm guessing someone has an answer to
this straightforward question...

Can I have a DHCP-Server 4.1 peer and a 4.2 peer, and will they work
properly together?

(This isn't something I want long term, just a straightforward and easy way
to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 by moving one server/peer at a time to 4.2.)

[I'm guessing the answer is yes, but given the warning about only using the
same version on each peer, I thought I'd ask and avoid any potential
nasties.]

TIA
-Greg