Update from Squeeze to Wheezy : host not found

list-dhcpd at lph.im list-dhcpd at lph.im
Wed Nov 13 15:04:39 UTC 2013

On 13/11/2013 11:17, Glenn Satchell wrote :
> Have you set /etc/nsswitch.conf to have
>
> hosts: files dns
not exactly :

hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4

I tried to put the dns statement before mdns4_minimal but no luck
resolving the computer name with getent.

Next answer (from Sten Carlsen), is pointing a mistake about the naming
convention used (the tld .local. seems to be reserved to Multicast DNS)
So I'm not sure the hole thing will be ok with this domain... Maybe next
year I'll update the domain name.

Regards

--
Vincent